Bicycle Accident Lawsuit Loans
Apply now and get pre settlement funding approval in as little as 24 hours!
Bicycle Accident Lawsuit Loans Qualifications
Qualifying for a bicycle accident lawsuit loan is easy. You likely apply if you meet the following three criteria:
- You have a physical injury as a result of someone else’s negligence. As with all accidents, the liability in the bicycle accident must clearly be on the driver. More often than not, the initial police report will have already determined who was at fault. If this is the case, approval should be quick.
- You have hired legal counsel on a contingency basis. You must have already hired an attorney on contingency. If they are willing to work on contingency, it’s a safe bet that we are too. However, it’s also important to already have a lawyer so that we can accurately assess the value of your settlement.
- You are an adult over the age of 18. You must be 18 years or older to sign for a bike accident advance
How Much Bicycle Accident Lawsuit Funding Can I Get?
The amount of legal funding funding you will qualify for depends on a few key factors: liability, damages and coverage.
- Liability refers to who was at fault for your bike accident. If the other party was at fault or mostly at fault, this is usually easy to establish.
- Damages refer to the amount of money you should be due as a result of your injury. If you have substantial medical damages as a result of your bicycle accident, you’re also likely to have economic damages from being out of work.
- Coverage is an effective maximum for your case value. Coverage is typically just a question of what insurance the person who injured you has. Most states have minimum insurance coverage mandates.
It’s important to discuss how much you will accept with your attorney. Together, you can discuss what your expenses are, how long the case may go, and how much of your settlement you can afford to lose to interest. This will insure that you make a smart, well-planned decision.
Bike Accident Lawsuits
Biking can be a healthy, inexpensive way to commute, but if you live in a major city, you’ve heard of some major accidents. Cars tend to not give cyclist the right of way that they are entitled to, causing collisions and side-swipes. Even if the street has a bike lane, cars often ignore the rules of the road, making life for bike commuters very dangerous.
Bike accident lawsuits can involve very significant damages, especially in the case of wrongful death. For legal funding purposes, if you have suffered severe damages as a result of a bike accident, it will likely be important for a legal funding company to know the defendant’s insurance policy.
With an unknown policy, unless the accident involved a commercial vehicle, a funding company may have to assume state minimum policy limits until the actual limits are provided in discovery..
Bicycle Accident Statistics and Prevention
According to the CDC, persons aged 50 – 59 have the highest bicycle accident death rates, while children and young adults aged 5 – 19 have the highest injury rates.
Active prevention and mitigation of bike accident injuries is extremely important and quite easy. Wearing a helmet, reflective and active-lighting, and taking advantage of conducive roadways are some of the key safety measures.
IIHS statistics clearly show that the majority of bike accident fatalities involve a rider not wearing a helmet. Despite this fact, many states do not require helmet use for adults.
Comparative Negligence in Bike Accidents
Bicycle accidents often involve comparative liability or comparative negligence. A responding police officer often tries to determine which party is liable for the accident. They conduct a brief investigation by speaking with all participants and any third-party witnesses.
Based on this information, in addition to basic accident reconstruction based on physical evidence, a police officer determines fault for the accident and issues citations for any contributing traffic infractions or moving violations.
While a traffic accident report isn’t the end-all-be-all, it is an excellent tool for lawyers and pre-settlement funding companies alike. If you or your attorney disagree with the results of a traffic accident report, your lawyer may hire an expert in accident reconstruction to review the report and assert a different opinion.
Provident Legal Funding
At Provident, we know just how debilitating a bicycle accident can be. That’s why we want to help put the power back in the hands of the victims. Your access to justice should not be based on your access to capital. We are here to level the playing field and help you get the compensation you deserve.